Life Extension: Safety
Increasing numbers of onshore and offshore turbines will reach their typical 20 year design life over the next few years. Technical, planning and financial issues will be key factors when looking at the options to repower/replant, decommission or extend the life of the project when planning turbine life extension.
However a vital process will be an evaluation of the structural and occupational safety risks. This course provides a comprehensive introduction of the key health & safety issues when managing any life extension project.
Key areas covered in the standard course include:
• Regulations & Standards (IEC)
• Opportunities, risks and liabilities
• Structural vs Occupational Risks
• Risk Assessment methods
• Data management & uncertainty
• Structural safety data & methods
• Proxy health & safety data
• Physical safety inspections
• Practical project and safety management
Wind (Onshore & Offshore)
|Who aimed at ?||
Primarily aimed at investors, advisers, developers, owners and operators of wind turbines. Relevant for: